October 21, 2005

Creative Intimacy

Sex has been something of a pipe dream during the latter weeks of pregnancy. I didn't mind that.

Now my wife's body is a lot more, um, functional, so sex will remian a pipe dream for a little while. I don't mind that either.

The baby cries all night (I mind that!) so my wife and I have crept back to bed in the afternoon while she naps. I don't mind that.

And we get close. Intimate, in a virtually non-sexual way. I definitely don't mind that.

With sex off the menu, it's like the days before we were married - finding ways to have fun and intimacy without getting involved in messy biology. I really, really don't mind that.

We did come close enough that I ached at the end... I could have done without that...

My wife told me I could do something about it. I don't mind that, but I found I really didn't want to. The feeling passed after a while, and I was glad I didn't take advantage of that 'offer'.

I'll wait, and let my wife be the one to relieve the sexual tension. I'm sure I won't mind that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home