February 24, 2005

The Christian Without a Testimony (Part 2)

I hit the bottom just before starting this blog last November. That finally made me look up, and see how far I’d fallen. But there was a way back.

I placed a post on the support board recently recommending a fresh reading of the story of the prodigal son in Luke 15. In the NIV the second part of the story starts with the phrase 'When he came to his senses...' which is exactly what I did when I started this journal.

I came to my senses, and headed back to my Father, feeling utterly unworthy. I didn’t receive my welcome home party immediately; there was a bit of walking to be done first. But when I made the effort, my father ran out to meet me, greeted me with open arms and carried me back to where I belonged. Since then I have received many blessings, some of which will help me remain sober, others just things I have been able to share with fellow recovering addicts.

This is still not a testimony I can share with friends; of course I’m ashamed of what I’ve done. However, this blog, for now at least, will be my living, growing testimony. I hope anyone reading it will get some encouragement from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home