February 21, 2005

It's been a while...

Sorry folks, I just needed to avoid this place for a while, as random surfing threw a couple of close calls my way. I have been offline totally for the last week and a bit, which is brilliant when my workload allows it... it's amazing how much actual work can get done without the temptation to surf, not only for mucky pictures, but for innocent stuff too. And it's allowed some good quality time with my wife, which can only be a good thing.

I have posted a few things on the support board since my last blog, so if anyone’s followed my link from there I apologise if I repeat myself, but they are part of the story I am attempting to document here.

Anyway, those close calls... First off, I happened upon a selection of ‘erotic writing’. This wasn’t something I had previously given much thought, and so it wasn’t one of my bottom line activities. I stayed long enough to realise that if I allowed myself to read stuff like this I would more than likely be back again. And again. Ad infinitum. On the plus side, I went away when I realised what I was doing, and I didn’t even attempt to follow any of the numerous links from this site, in case they contained any material already deemed off-limits.

On another occasion while surfing randomly I followed a link to some desktop pictures for my PC. They turned out to be mainly the sort that feature bikinis. I didn't stay long, and fled to the support board before any sort of acting out could occur.

Both of these were brief, accidental occurences, so I have not counted them as slips. However, deliberate return visits to those sites, or hanging around on other similar sites I may discover, will definitely constitute the end of my sober streak.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Glisson said...

I'm glad that you caught yourself before those close calls turned into slips for you. That's really great.

Did you kill the bikini stuff on your desktop? If not, get to work! :)

-cg

21/2/05 2:28 pm  
Blogger M386 said...

It's ok cg, I caught myself before any downloading that time, and had already killed what similar stuff I had previously.

But thanks for looking out for me!

M

22/2/05 6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home