March 01, 2005

The post that nearly wasn't

As if to prove what I wrote yesterday about taking my eyes off the Lord, this morning got off to a bad start. I had to post on the support board in the vague hope that some of my compatriots would spare a prayer for me, then logged off.

But before I did that, I had cause to scan a few earlier entries in this blog. That made me realise how different I am now, how much I have changed in the relatively short time I've been blogging, which effectively represents my serious attempt at giving up. That gave me a boost; not only by showing me what I used to be like, but focusing my mind on something positive, and convincing me that doing this, blogging, is helping.

So now I'm back online, to post something of my thoughts on the day, in the hope that it may help in the future. It may not be too coherent. It's been a slow working day, which never helps, and I've made it through partly by white knuckling (a term I've never fully understood until it happened to me...) and partly by getting out of the house, away from temptations, and trying to pray.

A positive focus, that's what I need. Be it God, the novel I hope to use these experiences to write, or, at a push, work...

1 Comments:

Blogger riya said...

Hello,
I must appreciate that you are damn good at blogging. I enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for sharing.

====================
Ira
Drug Rehabs

4/11/08 7:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home