April 21, 2005

Pear-shaped

Yes, it all went horribly Pete Tong a few days ago.

I don't like to make excuses, but:
Moving is getting stressful.
My wife is constantly tired, so I've been doing a lot more housework than usual and the bulk of the packing & other preparations.
I'm also not getting any.

So, the other day, when something triggering dropped through the letterbox (unsolicited), I made a bad choice.

I looked.

Weakened by the stress I'm under, a quick peek snowballed utterly beyond control.

The move is keeping me busy, so hopefully I should be able to keep my mind on other things and not act out again in too big a way, but I can't dedicate the energy it needs to sobriety at the moment.

I may not be around for a few weeks, as we move, unpack, and settle in.

But I will be back.

And I'll make a real effort when I haven't got quite so much else going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home